Friday, August 23, 2013

Shop 'til you drop!

Mission call + remote location = LOTS OF SHOPPING!
We were instructed that we need to pack all essentials, as we may not be able to purchase things there. That includes toiletries, several sets of clothing, umbrellas, flashlights, insect repellent, sun screen, etc.  You get the picture...  So, we have been shopping, and shopping. Whew!  When we came home the other day, Mike said, "I am SICK of spending money". And I agree, and my feet agree, too.  Most of the clothes get hung in the closet, and the rest get tossed into one of the suitcases. I think we've been to almost every shopping center in the valley and have even made some purchases online.
Here is Mike's (which of course looks more organized):
And here is mine:
 Here are some of the shoes I have found [starting to look like a shoe store here].  We were told that we would do lots of walking, and that we need to bring Crocs for the rainy season, which is about half the year.  I was excited when I found two cute pairs of Crocs. The Raspberry Mary Jane Crocs are my favorite, and most comfortable.  And everything was on sale!  Bonus!

 Here are some of the tops and skirts I have collected thus far.  Trying to coordinate colors....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you two have been busy! You have found some really cute shoes and I love all your top and shirt combos.

    People always asked us what we used the very most on our mission. Hands down it was the insulated food bag from Sam's Club. I think Costco has them now too. We packed food around and carried books it in. We climbed 3 flights of stairs to get to our apartment. We found we used it for everything.

    It will be awesome to follow you here. We are really going to miss you, but we are so excited for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be a super styling missionary couple! I love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete